Being in Manchester we do sometimes get a bit of rain here at First Street, but we don’t ever let it dampen our spirits and so far this summer we’ve actually had our fair share of sunshine to enjoy. The crowds have gathered outside at Tony Wilson Place, whatever the weather, for some of our superb summer events which have included an action-packed two weeks of tennis action from Wimbledon and the unveiling of Fredrick Engels statue as part of the Manchester International Festival closing event, Ceremony.
Our stunning 170,000 sq ft Grade A office building No8 First Street is nearing completion and, when occupied, it will see hundreds more people working, living and enjoying everything that this amazing place has to offer.
If you are not sure where we are then head for Whitworth Street and you’ll find us just down the road from Oxford Road Station and opposite the Deansgate Castlefield Metrolink stop, right opposite the site of the legendary Hacienda nightclub where our very own Tony Wilson created a cultural and musical explosion which resonated around the world. Step under the arches to discover a whole new neighbourhood in Manchester with some of the leading independent bars and restaurants in the city.
This summer the GINNSIDE Terrace has opened its doors at INNSIDE Manchester providing a colourful, south-facing platform from where you can sip a cold G&T, or grab a superb £4 lunch from the astonishing chef’s salad bar and watch the world go by.
HOME continues to pull in the crowds and has revealed that almost 800,000 people have visited in the past year. They have already put on a packed schedule of amazing events this year and are now gearing up to host the Manchester Folk Festival which starts in October.
Our food and beverage units are all now fully let following the recent announcement that Kettlebell Kitchen will soon be joining us. We are so proud of the line-up of wonderful independent operators which together offer an amazing experience for visitors to First Street. To give you a quick snapshot of each one, there is:
• The Laundrette is offering bottomless Sunday brunches and crazy cocktails and can be found just off Tony Wilson Place underneath Vita Student Living
• Kettlebell Kitchen, with its mantra “Eat clean, cheat clean”, is opening its second eatery in the city and has chosen First Street to debut its very first express restaurant concept this summer
• Wood Manchester MasterChef winner Simon Wood’s first restaurant opens its doors in summer 2017 and is now taking bookings from September
• The Gasworks Brewbar Brought to you by the team behind the much-loved The Dockyard pubs, the on-site brewery attracts beer lovers and classic pub foodies alike
• Junkyard Golf Club An alternative indoor golfing experience for “those who love weird stuff”, Junkyard Gold Club is the place to tee off with a cocktail in hand
• Pizza Express – a firm Italian favourite but now with added inspiration in the form of the Bassano bar for cocktails and pre-theatre drinks
• The Indian Tiffin Room – The finest Indian Street Food in town and now catering to the early evening theatre crowd with its newly launched Theatre Menu
• The Liquor Store Vintage LA-style liquor store meets the Manchester cocktail scene, embellished with New York Deli sandwiches and classic American themed favourites
• Starbucks – for early morning caffine hits, ice cold lattes and an array of cakes and snacks
• INNSIDE by Melia – Melia International‘s first INNSIDE brand hotel in the UK combining the coolest rooms in Manchester with the warmest welcome in the City and feeling very proud of themselves to have just won Advisor’s Certificate of Excellent Award !
• Sainsbury’s – Providing workers, visitors, neighbours and passers-by with all of their essential grocery shopping, newspapers and snacks
• Q-Park – • Offering one of the best value secure car parks in the city centre, the Q-Park at First Street is famed for its striking architectural façade – do come and take a look for yourself!
Why not join us soon at First Street where something different happens every day!